Sunday, 21 November 2010

The Oak in Winter

The Oak in Winter.
The Oak in Winter

Don’t stare at me in winter time
Im just an oak tree not a pine
pines stay neatly dressed all year
come winters chill they have no fear

From chilly winds freezing snow
that rack my bough from top to toe
pouring rain biting sleet
unguarded trunk branches meet

Pines don’t have this awful stress
casting off a summer dress
they don’t wear my worried frown
as dancing leaves flutter down

Changing partners on the way
acknowledging their final day
hello goodbye its time to quit
no good sighing this is it

Dance be merry twirl around
twist flutter to the ground
make a carpet O so rich
block the farmers drainage ditch

The pine looks on with nonchalant air
smartly dressed with not a care
my silhouette is stark bare
to natures gaze and freezing air

O how I wish I was a pine
to hold these dying leaves of mine
don’t stare at me in winter time
come back in may I'll be fine

©©jobee

No comments:

Post a Comment